At my job, December and June are our busiest months in the year.
This year,I volunteered for additional work. With the added responsibility came the added hours at office (18-hour workdays), and the inevitable stress . I don't quite manage stress well and hence have been having a pretty schlumpy December. Fortunately, Ive cleared work, as of today, and now its time to unwind and have some fun! To start the fesitivities, Ive created a fun to-do list for the next four days.
And the activities included are:
- Getting started on reading Twilight. I'm relenting to global pressures. Shhh!:)
- Spring cleaning my bedroom-I love clean sheets, and the smell of freshly laundered clothes.
- Cooking paella. This is by far my favourite-est dish, and I've been just a tad scaredy-cat to attempt cooking it. Wish me luck!
- Watching Hallmark Christmas Movies. They are cheesy, over the top and just my type of Christmas movie.
- Taking a nice long relaxing bath complete with pedis and manis.The indulgence!
- Finding a gorgeous dress for Christmas and my birthday.I am just a teeny anxious about hitting 30, but Im hoping my my magical new dress will make me feel better!
So what are your ways to unwind from a particularly stressful week? Is it a bath, wine, food, books? What helps you relax?
(art by: Richard Dingwall)