Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lovely to-do lists


At my job, December and June are our busiest months in the year.

This year,I volunteered for additional work. With the added responsibility came the added hours at office (18-hour workdays), and the inevitable stress . I don't quite manage stress well and hence have been having a pretty schlumpy December. Fortunately, Ive cleared work, as of today, and now its time to unwind and have some fun! To start the fesitivities, Ive created a fun to-do list for the next four days.

And the activities included are:
  1. Getting started on reading Twilight. I'm relenting to global pressures. Shhh!:)
  2. Spring cleaning my bedroom-I love clean sheets, and the smell of freshly laundered clothes.
  3. Cooking paella. This is by far my favourite-est dish, and I've been just a tad scaredy-cat to attempt cooking it. Wish me luck!
  4. Watching Hallmark Christmas Movies. They are cheesy, over the top and just my type of Christmas movie.
  5. Taking a nice long relaxing bath complete with pedis and manis.The indulgence!
  6. Finding a gorgeous dress for Christmas and my birthday.I am just a teeny anxious about hitting 30, but Im hoping my my magical new dress will make me feel better!

So what are your ways to unwind from a particularly stressful week? Is it a bath, wine, food, books? What helps you relax?

(art by: Richard Dingwall)

1 comment:

Dionne said...

Bring on the cheesy Christmas movies! I have seen two so far this season - "A Christmas Cupid" and "Christmas Do-Over". You can just tell by their names that they're cheesy, lol.

Yummy paella! I have never made it before, but I love it! I should try to make it some day!